My little girl...

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

POCKET FULL OF SUNSHINE

Out of much love and respect (and to prove I'm not mad/pissed/deeply wounded) this blog is being dedicated to my nearest and dearest BMF, K and my WBF, J.

A SMILING FACE
How can she always carry a smile?Cheerful and joyous all the while?So happy a face, unknown to pains,Soothing my summers like showers of rains.I envy the smile and close my eyes,And seek as to why she never cries,Then appeal in her face as if starts to grow,And am forced to stare, no reasons I know.Brings tears of joy, as it fondles the memories,Kindling my desires and wiping my worries,Lost in the charm of the smiling face,I chase the voids to crave happiness.Not a dream that I see, but a face in sight,Like a blooming rose, so lovely and bright,Giving me hope for the unknown tomorrow,As a silver lining in the clouds of sorrow... (excerpt, by Arunabha Sengupta)


My daughter's unconditional love and joy in all things, making (and eating!) the perfect cupcake, steamy sweet caramel macchiatos, sparkly pink painted toenails, cold fizzy bubbles that you inhale from a freshly opened Coke, the waxy smell and limitless possibilities of a big box of Crayons, hanging ornaments on every last single branch of the Christmas tree, finding orange clearance stickers on a random stroll through Walgreens, truly hilarious bumper stickers, the breath-stealing awe of joyful tears at weddings/for new babies/chick movies, unexpected comfort and hugs from friends when your world goes topsy, warm soft kisses, precisely applying a girlfriends eyeshadow, singing at the top of your lungs to hits from the 80's with the radio on a boring drive home, fun spirit-lifting phone calls with your best friend, fitting just right against your honey's side while snuggling on the couch watching cop shows, edge-sitting vampire movies, platinum blonde spiky hair, looking out an airplane window to see nothing but clouds and horizon... these are a few of my favorite (positive!) things

Thank you for helping me remember to check the other side on occasion (and for taking time away from your goodwill missions w/ Brad Pitt)

1 comment: