My little girl...

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

FAT TUESDAY VOL. 1-4

Ok, so 2% less doesn't make a huge difference (unless it's off the cost of say, a house or Bugatti,)but I'll take it. As much as I would like to attribute this to peanut butter/Dorito sandwiches and Coke Zero, that's probably not the case (new trend, anyone? No? Okay, that's cool)... so I would like to take time to thank the following contributors to this weeks weight loss - 1. Water (sorry, coke!) 2. Fruits and Veggies (you know who you are :)) 3. Sweat (you weren't my favorite, but you were there for me) - MUCH LOVE!
Previous weeks' goals are half done. I still haven't created a healthy food plan, mostly I've been winging it day by day. This is a dangerous road, as it makes fast food and desk-top candy dishes very tempting. I'll make myself work on it at lunch, since it's just a matter of sitting down and writing up a shopping list/menu. Sticking to it once you have the stuff is usually easy, too. Unless you have a boyfriend who insists on lavishing you with fancy dinners and plying you with wine and frou-frou cocktail beverages. Not that that kind of an evening is an everyday occurrence, but indulgence tends to breed indulgence, and it's hard to stop a downward slide that's made up of creamy cheese cake or delicately prepared appetizers (or even ice cream and cheeseburgers!). Sometimes you should treat yourself, but sometimes you just CAN'T! Not when your will power is teetering on a razor edge, not if you don't have someone who will say stop, that's enough - and mean it. It helps if you give yourself enough time and respect and commitment to be that person yourself, in fact its probably the only way to truly succeed.
Another goal I am still going to have to work on is saying something nice every day. To someone. Unfortunately, it seems I've only gotten more sharp-tongued and hateful towards people. Granted, sweating tends to do that to me, but that's really just an excuse. Being complimentary does not come naturally to me (another excuse, jeez!), but it's nothing practice can't overcome. The awkwardness will eventually fade (right?!). What I need to is find a book on this on Amazon...

No comments:

Post a Comment