My little girl...

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

FAT TUESDAY - VOL.1-1

Big mama is going to lose some weight!!! That's right everybody, and you can read about it right here every Tuesday - prepare yourself for the emotional roller coaster that can only be ridden by the truly messed up. Today is day one of my "lifestyle change" - said w/perky, I-so-used-to-be-a-cheerleader-now-I'm-like-totally-a-nutritionist voice. (FYI, typing dashes is labor-intensive and doesn't really feel natural, so you wont be getting that again)
Like all larger ladies (and gents), I know how to lose weight and I've done it before. The problem is the mind-set, the habits, and I'll be the first (and maybe only one) to admit that the biggest problem is pure laziness. Exercising is not my fave thing to do, and in fact, I kinda hate it. No pain is literally NO PAIN right? Who wants to 'feel the burn'? Isn't burning a bad thing? They teach that to small children, don't they? Sighhhhhhhh......
Well, guess what?! I need to put on my big girl panties and get out there. Do I really want my daughter to think that looking/feeling/acting this way is normal? Is that anything but selfish? This tells me something about myself, and that something is that I need an attitude adjustment. Seriously! Maybe my buns don't need to be made of steel, but right now they are almost completely buns of donuts, which is kind of gross now that I'm reading it... but completely true!
So today's agenda is to actually move around when I get home tonight... no TV, no trying to find my exact butt-print in the sofa, no Facebook (embarrassment!) but real MOVEMENT.

GOAL #1 - YOU GOT TO MOVE IT!

1 comment:

  1. Word! I'm with you girl!!! We can do this. My Christmas I have a goal to be down AT LEAST one size! That is totally doable!

    ReplyDelete