My little girl...

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

DIME STORE HOOKERS

It would seem that I am in a mildly cranky mood today. Though cranky may be too strong a word, maybe 'not giving a shit' would better describe it. My problem is that I'm moving next week and the pressure to have everything packed and ready is stressing me out. Big time. Nothing looks done no matter how much I do... it sucks! Why do we have so much crap? Do I need to go to a program for compulsive shopping or something? It's not like we have piles of old newspapers or clothes from the 60's or stuff from the Home Shopping Network laying around.

The thing is, things are getting done and it will be ready to go on time, but I've always had this fatalistic attitude when it comes to personal deadlines. Like I'm going to fail no matter how hard I try, and though I'm trying to work that out... sometimes it pops out in me when I least expect it. Have I ever actually missed a necessary deadline? NO. In fact, I tend to be obsessive about being prompt, but that is actually part of the problem now that I'm reading what I'm typing...

OMG - a dude with a mullet may have just walked by my desk... who's to say?! I didn't get a good look at him, just an impression out of the corner of my eye. Random - Shutterbug Mama, please tell me you saw that. lol!!!

Oh, jeez, that laughter just made my day... who would have ever thought that a mullet actually served a purpose. Well, here's to simplifying my life. May God have mercy on my soul.

1 comment:

  1. It will totally be fine!!!! And I don't remember what he looked like but since it lightened your mood...i'm glad I walked him thru your office.

    ReplyDelete