My little girl...

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

'SURVIVAL IS ALL RELATIVE'

Towards the end of May, my bmf K and I were discussing his most beloved (and previously unseen by myself) show, 'Lost', and he ended up kind of challenging me to watch the show to see whether or not I enjoyed it (my uninformed opinion was that it was cult rubbish, like 'Bachelor' or similar). I didn't understand why so many people could be mesmerized so thoroughly by this show, and in a lame-ish attempt to be ironic, I netflixed season 1 and got the first disc in time to watch the first episode the Monday night after they aired the last episode. I sat and watched the first 4... and have since watched the rest. Despite some icky moments (torture? really? and blowing people up?!) and some too 'this is gonna be very suspenseful and mysterious, you guys!' music, I must in all fairness admit it's a cool show to watch. And I am going to watch the rest of it (you'll get more posts on Lost in the future, I promise you that). The characters are believable and easy to connect with, the ones we love have flaws and the ones we hate have redeeming qualities. I like that you see the why and the circumstances that make people act and react the way they do instead of the usual 'bad guy/good guy acts accordingly'.
Would I recommend this show? Yeah, if you are looking something to get all deeply involved in, then this is it. As I understand it (though I'm making myself not peek at all the available blogs on future episodes) they never quite answer every question or solve every riddle... but that's cool, it's not a movie after all, its real life :)

2 comments:

  1. It is definatly a show you have to "invest" in. I was a Lost junkie....like we planned things around the night Lost was on...but i loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't remember that!!! I have cried 1/2 a million times since day 1, I swear. Season 2 will start arriving in about 8 days

    ReplyDelete