My little girl...

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, July 19, 2010

LAY YOUR HEAD ON MY PILLOW...

Some background info;

I have a really nice radio in my office that my man bought for me for some reason or another and it's delightful... however due to circumstances beyond my control (radio towers, satellite positioning and whatnot) I can only get 1 station to come in clear a day, and it's not always the same station. Today it was 'Country Legends!' - and I'm thinking, ok at least it's not top 40 or 80's pop (which are my usual choices, so I'm about wasted on Lady GaGa and Journey, ok?!)

BIG SURPRISE - these old tyme :) country tunes had me feeling so incredibly mellow all day! So maybe I was singing along a bit too loud at times (sorry Ed!) , but there was no stress. Plus I learned all kinds of things.... like older women make beautiful lovers (cougars are not a new thing! who knew?!) Big Bad John had a heart of gold, angels come in all races, and all manner of things (jeez, I'm starting to get all twangy and syntax-y like the dj's). There was romance, heartache, good times and sad, and voices came before looks, and rhyming was everything (is that why I can remember songs I haven't heard in 25+ years?)

So thanks, Dolly, Willy, George, Waylon, Patsy, Roseanne and even you Elvis (love you!!) for the memories, for the soft warmth of nostalgia, and just a good day :)

2 comments:

  1. I too loved going in your office yesterday and singing along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so today...this is the only station that comes in as well

    ReplyDelete