My little girl...

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 14, 2010

THE TWISTED TREE

omg...
total accidental posting, hope you enjoy this, but most of all hope it makes you think I'm all deep and junk :)


Strange Violet Behind Trees
by Christine Klocek-Lim
—after Wolf Kahn

The house hides in dusk’s spangled purples.
It’s hard to see such colors, capricious
tones barely there once night has almost
sucked the light from the forest.
And silhouetted trees rear up
as I walk, interrupt the horizon,
their dry leaves muttering imprecations
in the magenta gleam of twilight.
You have gone and I must be careful:
the path has faded to mere shadow
and I can no longer understand
the exuberance of a leaf twisting
in the breeze. How does autumn tangle
everything so elegantly, as when crimson
replaces the decorous sheen of green?
Such willful ambiguity. I walk steadily.
The soft retreat of chlorophyll asks useless
questions. The mother tree sleeps
and misses the violet whoop of fall,
the overlapping dive of it all.
By now night has stolen
twilight’s indescribable glow.
Our house has quietly slid
into an atmospheric blur.
There is nothing more to see.
My darling, the violet has disappeared
and I’m not yet home but I can still feel
the brittle slump of frost behind the trees

p.s. The Twisted Tree was a place, many years ago, where the artsy-trendy hipsters use to go and be all intellectual and cool and smoke foreign cigarettes and wear berets.

No comments:

Post a Comment