My little girl...

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 14, 2010

TEQUILA (amongst other things) MAKES HER CLOTHES FALL OFF

First of all, that is the name of a real country song (which I had the privilege of hearing on the way to Subway with Shutterbug Mama yesterday) and believe it or not, it was kind of a funny song. I don't generally (or ever, honestly) go for contemporary country music, but the words were hilarious and came close to describing a few evenings out the girls and I have had in the past - except I'm pretty sure we've never partied too hard at a Holiday Inn, but anyway...

Second, it's been a wicked hard week for my family. We had serious drama at home with the loss of my grandma - everyone's an emotional wreck right now because, as my daughter so aptly and simply put it, "she was just so nice". What can you add to that?

To be positive, as I'm afraid I've kind of grown fond of the occasional happy thought nowadays (thanks for the valuable lifestyle change, K - because this is all yours and Shutterbug Mama's influence!) I have to say that I was deeply touched by all the support and love that friends and coworkers have shown me in the past few days. And considering my mostly-grumpy, always sassy demeanor, I was also a little surprised - pleasantly so. What kind of people offer comfort to someone who isn't always nice/friendly/cordial? Really good people.
So thank you to everyone for this week.

And who knows, maybe a girl can change.

1 comment:

  1. I know you can! Always here if you need me. Girl time on Saturday night, you'll need it!

    ReplyDelete