My little girl...

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 20, 2010

WALGREEN'S THERAPY

The orange and yellow stickers didn't always mean so much to me. There was a time i could go into the drugstore and not be affected by the lure of a sale price (yellow!) or clearance item (orange!!) but I don't remember when that was, when it all began. I just realized one day while a friend of mine was over helping me with my closets that i have an abundance of make-up, skin, and hair care products that i don't even know about let alone need! I had to buy crates to just go through and organize it all! This is beyond ridiculous as i might, maybe get fully made up about once a week but i probably have enough mascara, moose, and nail polish for a drag show in Miami Beach. Who can pass up a buy one get one free? Or a 50,60,70% off deal? Doesn't matter if its fake eyelashes, teeth whitener, oatmeal bath or (seriously!) bikini wax. It makes me feel relaxed somehow... going up and down the brightly lit and cleverly displayed aisles. I've been known to go on my lunch break from work when i was having a particularly frustrating day just to unwind. Because there really is a time when you want to go where everybody knows your name, there will always be a special place in my heart for Walgreen's. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment