My little girl...

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, June 21, 2010

I'M OFFICIALLY A SOCCER MOM!

Hold on to your fanny packs, ladies, I have an announcement. I AM A SOCCER MOM! Today was the first day of soccer camp, and though my 9yr. old daughter has never played before, I truly felt that there was some change in me when I dropped her off today. All I need is a minivan or SUV, a brand name visor of some sort and ankle socks to wear with my really clean tennies.
Seriously, it was really fun today and the ladies I met today were super sweet... we already have an invitation to a play date, which i thought was just a phrase made up for tv, but now I realize in the world of stay-at-home moms its a reality, maybe even a necessity? Anywho, at the very least tomorrow I'll be much better prepared (didn't realize that bug spray and an umbrella would be so important, but now I know, right?), and the whole group is going to the pool after, so that should be interesting. Is it too awful of me to be happy that I wont be the chunkiest (or oldest!) mom there? Because I can live with that, really, it doesn't bother me at all :)

On a completely unrelated matter...
To the lady who drives the champagne colored Lexus SUV that somehow manages to end up in front of me everyday (I've had plenty of opportunity to learn the plates) please use your turn signal!!! I am soooo tempted to come up and knock on your window one day at a red light and show you where it can be found in your car. Checked out the Lexus website, and your model does come with one, so please, please, please use it. Or quit making random turns and lane changes, ok? You are making me nutso.

1 comment:

  1. So, It seems that your new life of being a soccor mom has taken over your once new blogging life. When things settle down from play dates and pool parties let me know. lol

    ReplyDelete