My little girl...

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 24, 2010

DANCE, DANCE, DANCE...

My first recap of SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE! I'm so excited! Well, Cat (host) looks amazing, and its great that she's not one of those bony-skinny people on tv, that is just so nice to see. Unfortunately Mia is one of the judges tonight, but even though she's yuck, she's not as bad as she used to be (someone must have had a chat w/her -- thanks Nigel)
Dance #1 - Christina and Pasha - they were so HOT! Helps that they both have those smoldering looks (hers all exotic and his all intensely male w/nice pecs) toss in some fringe and you can't miss. OOH LA LA - judges liked them too :)
Dance #2 - Adechike and Alison - that dude can move, ok? I'm not the biggest fan of contemporary, but he makes it good to watch. And he was trying really hard to put his emotions out there (not his strong point according to the judges last week). Mia was only mildly insulting so altogether, nice job!
Dance #3 - Alex and Lauren - Last week he was supposed to be a crying wreck for his performance and he did a masterful job of it, so I had my doubts that he could pull off the super-sexy-cool he needed to portray this week but he did it! (Cat has a big head! lol) The judges did not agree with me so much, but it's safe to say they know a bit more about Fossey style than me, thanks god! Definitely entertaining.
Dance #4 - Ashley and Mark - all I really want to say is TRAVIS WALL RULES! And i really miss the Mohawk -- i miss it!!! Jazz hands!
Dance #5 - Billy and Comfort - um, the most delicate guy I've ever seen doing krunk was just as hard as i thought it would be to watch. It was okay in a Disney tv show kind of way, and not the complete hot mess I expected, but he just doesn't seem like he can be mean enough.
Dance #6 - Robert and Anya - TANGO! Even though he was a bit fruity in the rehearsal footage, he KILLED IT during the performance! And of course his superman hairdo was super macho ;)
Dance #7 - Melinda and Ade - Very story-centered and all, but like I've said before, contemporary is not my fave genre. Judges just gave it an 'ok' too.
Dance #8 - Jose and Katherine - That was a really cute bollywood routine, but they all look the same to me. Still, it was fun to watch and he did way better than I thought he would. Really cute.
Dance #9 - Lauren and Dominic - Hip hop does not usually make me get teary-eyed but I got caught up in the story (domestic violence) and it was just so emotional! The judges had some comments on technical aspects, but were just as taken with the story as I was. Most memorable performance of the night probably.
Dance #10 - Kent and Courtney - Let me just say, Kent (think a young, cuter Doogie Howser) plus sexual tension don't add up in my brain! Don't get me wrong, he danced surprisingly well, but it was almost embarrassing and very awkward watching him try to get his groove on. Yuck!

Well, we'll see how America voted last night, I have no idea who might be leaving. What did you think Jess?
I LOVE GLEE!

1 comment:

  1. If I had to guess I would say the bottom 3 might be Ashley, Melinda and Adechike.... Unfortuneatly I do believe this will be the year of the boys. With the new format there isn't a boy and girl going home every week and we already started the season out with 6 boys and 5 girls! This is by far, the best season of SYTYCD! Very talented dancers. While I do like the fact that they dance with the Allstars....I do also like to watch two "amatures" dance like previous years. I think that is why Anya and Courtney looked like they were going to "eat" the guys up...they are just really strong girls. And that's my take in a nutshell. lol

    ReplyDelete