My little girl...

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

AT FIRST I WAS AFRAID,

Last night we watched a show called 'Dual Survivors" ( I think that's the name, it's on Discovery Channel). Seeing that show, combined with my recent interest in "Lost" (I never watched it when it was on but in fact started Netflix-ing it the same day the last episode aired -- it was a dare, but more on that at another time), and i have come to the conclusion that I would be one of the first to die in a plane/boat/kayak/or other type of crash or something that'd require survival skills (natural disaster? nuclear war?) I am not a nature girl. It doesn't hurt my feelings when people don't invite me on camping trips (even a cabins too rustic for me), and we don't own a sleeping bag, lantern, or those sticks that you make s'mores with. Even the 'woods' around where I live give me the creeps and make me nervous. These are the kind of woods with cement paths that rich old people walk their large fluffy dogs on. There are many ways in which I am not prepared to spontaneously live in the wilderness; I don't know how to make a fire without matches and even then, it's iffy, I would freak out/faint/vomit over any injuries on myself or others, and I'm just in no way a nature girl or comfortable in that environment. People say "oh, you'll eat bugs or whatnot if you have to" but I seriously doubt it, ok? Even the one guy on the survivor show was like, 'that is an absolute last resort' . Oh jeez, I can't go there, I'm starting to make myself woozy just thinking about it.

Tonight would be the last dvd for season 1 of Lost, but 'So You Think You Can Dance' is on so that's where I'll be. The only thing that I can say for sure about this season of SYTYCD is that a dude will probably win it, but who knows? It's good to see some of the dancers from seasons past on there, that was a nice surprise for this one, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment