My little girl...

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, August 23, 2010

WHITE RABBIT

Have you ever noticed how quickly your mind will adjust to a completely surreal situation? Even Alice became accustomed to the bizarre happenings of Wonderland soon enough... At first you feel lost and dazed by what's happening all around you, but soon realize that not only are you saying the right things and behaving normally, you're becoming almost desensitized to the very thing that made it horrible and strange in the first place. As though you lose focus and mentally alter your perceptions to force yourself to understand what's up with your life.

The seasons are changing for me... I'm staring at a crossroads and every decision seems heavier, more weighted and potentially life-altering than usual. The loss of a friend - it's tragedy and cruelty is forcing a new maturity on me that I just hope that I'm ready for. A child, parent, friend, sibling and lover - I mean, doesn't that describe me, too? Why am I here, and what if I weren't? Are any of us truly what we want to be, and would others remember us that way? Could life really be simple? Could we enjoy more? Love more? Just breathe more?

It's time to try.

1 comment:

  1. Live it to the fullest! You only have one life, make it memorable!

    ReplyDelete